Dr. Michael K. Wilkerson
In his Pediatric Dentistry practice, Dr. Wilkerson has treated thousands of children – many patients travel hours for appointments because they are so pleased with the treatment he provides. It takes special skill to treat children and Dr. Wilkerson has the unique ability to gain their trust while he skillfully treats their little mouths.
MEET OUR CAPTAIN
Dr. Wilkerson recently made the move to San Antonio from Midland, Texas with his wife, Lacy and their three sons, Braxton, Avery, and Creighton. He received his dental degree from the UT Health Science Center in 1990, and went on to complete his Pediatric Dentistry residency at the Baylor College of Dentistry in 1992, his Masters in 1994, and became board certified in 2000.
Dr. Wilkerson holds memberships in multiple organizations, including being past president of both the PBDDS (Permian Basin District Dental Society) and the Academy of Gp Orthodontics. He is a Senior Certified Instructor for the International Association for Orthodontics, and has been in private practive since 1993.
His main focus has been in interceptive, and early orthodontic treatment, with a passion for early orthopedic correction, and achieving the ‘correct’ oral posture. He has been doing orthodontics with the Tip-Edge system since 1994. For the more challenging cases, Dr. Wilkerson works closely with area pediatric allergists and ENT’s to provide optimal care for his young patients.
- Clinical director of the kid’s place in Midland, TX since 1993.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry since January 2000.
- Senior Certified Instructor of the International Association for Orthodontics.
- Authority on Orthopedic Dental Arch Development.
- Authority on Early/Interceptive Orthodontic Techniques.
- Authority on Facial Growth and Development.
- Expert in Guidance of Occlusion (Transition to the Permanent Dentition).
- Authority in Preventive Dentistry.
- Expert in Restorative Procedures for Primary and Early Permanent Dentition.
- Inventor/ Developer of the Molar Tube Lock (Holds 2 Patents).
- Doctor, Husband, Father, Author, Speaker, Mentor, Student.